Guide to Ferry Booking
Everything there is to know about the format and purchasing of GNV ferry tickets and to allow you to check boarding procedures for individual and group passengers, as well as freight.
- How do I book a GNV journey?
- What is the format of a passenger ticket?
- What is the format of a freight ticket?
- How do I pay for a ticket?
- Can I take out insurance cover?
- What is the minimum number of participants for a group ticket?
- How do I purchase a group ticket?
- I would like to purchase a ticket but I don't know yet whether I will be taking my vehicle with me.
- How do I categorise my vehicle?
- How do I categorise/book my vehicle registered for both private and business use?
- Should I book my vehicle as freight or passenger?
- Do I have to book a driver's ticket when transporting freight?
- Can I send a car without a driver?
- I would like to make a booking for three or more drivers.
- Can I book cabins for the sole use of drivers?
How do I book a GNV journey?
- GNV tickets can be purchased:
- Online through the www.gnv.it website
- Through the GNV Contact Centre (on +39 (0)10 2094591)
- At GNV port ticket offices
- At travel agencies
What is the format of a passenger ticket?
The price displayed on the ticket is the carrier's fare in force on the date of issue of the ticket. The fare is not fixed and is subject to changes; it may decrease or increase. Specific discounts and reductions are not applied retrospectively to tickets already issued.
"Native/resident" tariffs are not available for all departures or accommodation. Quotes do not confirm prices and do not guarantee places on the ship. Except where otherwise specified, the price displayed on the ticket does not include the provision of food onboard, which remains the responsibility of the passenger.
Standard elements are:
- Passenger base rate
- Extras (port taxes, ISPS, fees and bunker surcharge) per passenger
- Tariff for the selected accommodation (inside or outside cabin, or suite)
- Tariff and car supplements where applicable
- Animal tariff where applicable
What is the format of a freight ticket?
The sum total of the various ticket components varies depending on the date of travel, date of booking and type of accommodation chosen. Standard elements are:
- Sea freight
- Bunker surcharge
- Policy issue
- Driver or the transportation of a vehicle without driver where applicable
How do I pay for a ticket?
Online: with Visa, Master Card, Visa Electron, American Express or PayPal.
At the desk: with a credit card, cash, cashier's cheque, DKV, UTA or Multicard payment cards.
Can I take out insurance cover?
With its partner ERV, GRANDI NAVI VELOCI offers 2 different insurance policies that can be taken out at the time of ticket purchase.
Travel Insurance, Luggage and Passenger Assistance (€5) allows you to:
Take advantage of personal health care;
Obtain a refund of penalties in the event of ticket cancellation;
Ensure your luggage.
Vehicle Damage Insurance (€6) ensures your vehicle (car or motorbike) against any damage that may occur while onboard.
We would like to remind you that in order to accept our insurance, you select the cancellation and/or vehicle insurance sections.
What is the minimum number of participants for a group ticket?
At least 15 paying adults are required for a group ticket.
How do I purchase a group ticket?
I would like to purchase a ticket but I don't know yet whether I will be taking my vehicle with me.
You can purchase a passenger ticket using your preferred method and, at a later date, through GNV (by telephone or at a ticket desk) or a travel agent only, add a separate ticket for your vehicle.
How do I categorise my vehicle?
You need to check the type of registration on your vehicle's registration document.
How do I categorise/book my vehicle registered for both private and business use?
You must check whether it will be transporting passengers or freight on this particular journey.
Should I book my vehicle as freight or passenger?
In order to correctly categorise your vehicle, please refer to its registration document.
Do I have to book a driver's ticket when transporting freight?
No, if the driver prefers to travel in an individual cabin, this can be bought separately as passenger accommodation.
Can I send a car without a driver?
I would like to make a booking for three or more drivers.
We advise you to contact GNV on +39 (0)10 5509339 to speak to our operators about the possibility of adding further drivers (depending on availability/ship capacity).
Can I book cabins for the sole use of drivers?
Yes, on payment of a supplement and depending on availability onboard the ship.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Call the GNV Contact Centre on +39 (0)10 2094591